PATHS is participating in the#50DollarsNot50Shades Campaign, which is a grassroots, women-led campaign that is encouraging people to boycott the film Fifty Shades of Grey and instead donate $50 to a domestic violence agency or shelter in their area. The goal is to have money that would have been spent on movie tickets, popcorn, and drinks go toward serving victims of abusive relationships like the one glamorized in this film. As the London Abused Women’s Centre has said, “Hollywood doesn’t need your money— abused women do.”
Please consider donating $50 (or what you can) to the Provincial Association of Transition Houses and Services of Saskatchewan (PATHS) or one of our member agencies.
Here is how you can donate:
- Donate to PATHS online through Canada Helps at canadahelps.org/dn/11654.
- Send a cheque to PATHS at Suite 308, 2505 11th Avenue, Regina, SK S4P 0K6.
- Contact PATHS at (306) 522-3515 to arrange to donate in person.
- See our list of 19 member agencies here to donate to an agency in your area that is working to end violence against women.
- You can also send donations for any of our member agencies to PATHS and we will direct it to the agency of your choosing.
Please check out the #50DollarsNot50Shades Campaign’s Facebook page here to learn more about the Campaign and read about why we feel that the glamorization of abusive relationships is harmful. Read more about Fifty Shades of Grey here.